Monday, July 21, 2008

A Word About The Title

My goal for this blog is to share ideas, resources and the occasional musing about education. There are plenty of other education/technology blogs out there, so why does the world need one more? Well, my hope is that when the folks at Northwest see what one of their own does with blogging, they will want to think about how they can use blogging and all the other Web 2.0 tools out there in their classrooms. Further, I hope that, once in a while when I go off the deep end and immerse myself in something new, some of my friends will be there with me! Hence, the title: many of the Northwest folks have already witnessed my willingness to jump in. Maybe I can get them to jump, too.

Or, as Sir Ken Robinson said, recently, "If you're not prepared to be wrong, you never come up with anything original." To see the entirety of his comments about how education is killing the creativity of the human mind, click here.

No comments: